According to tradition, Mary appeared to Juan Diego, who was an Aztec convert to Christianity, and requested that a shrine to her be built on the spot where she appeared. When the bishop demanded a sign, Juan Diego opened his cloak, letting dozens of roses fall to the floor and revealing the image of Mary imprinted on the inside of the cloak—the image that is now venerated in the Basilica of Guadalupe.
Our Lady of Guadalupe holds a special place in the religious life of Mexico and is one of the most popular religious devotions. Her image has played an important role as a national symbol of Mexico.
Guadalupe Tote - Yellow
- Bag made out of plastic mesh
- The Guadalupe applique on the front is completely hand embroidered with sequins and beads
- Full grain leather logo on the back
- The pom-pom decoration is hand embroidered in Mexico.
- This bag has no zipper or closure
Measurements : 15" x 17"x 7" with sturdy handles